Was just reminded of this painting as we passed by several market vendors in Zambales two days ago. What fruits to buy when you’re in a Philippine marketplace? Filipino Painter and National Artist Fernando Amorsolo gives us an idea in this painting he entitled "Fruit Vendor" he did in 1961.
Never miss the mangoes (Philippine mangoes are the sweetest in the world), watermelons, bananas (of different kinds like Lacatan, Latundan, and Señoritas).
*Source of photo from Frazer Fine Art.
18 Notes/ Hide
- hoycjboy likes this
- ashereverlark reblogged this from indiohistorian
- gregoriodelpilar reblogged this from indiohistorian
- beforethemastrp likes this
- mandyalwayslaughs reblogged this from indiohistorian
- mandyalwayslaughs likes this
- randomdreamsandreality likes this
- verynicemind likes this
- hikaruzaizenvevo likes this
- skidoodle likes this
- maharlika23 likes this
- definerambling likes this
- daniroars reblogged this from indiohistorian
- elriz likes this
- indiohistorian posted this